The Bullshit Disaster continues.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

nice fucking game

I'll give it to Pittsburgh on their opening day since the rest of the season will sadly be as predictable as the last 18 years. It's a fine baseball town with a great tradition and a storied past that much like everything else has crumbled and died. Sure, sometimes it ends with a whimper but sometimes it's a horrible goddamn explosion. Opening Day victory for them. Ok.

But, if the Dodgers don't win tomorrow it's truly no excuse. Win a fucking game so I don't feel like I've waited several months to masochistically piss away my time once again from now on through summer. It was fun to anxiously turn on the game in the middle of the morning only to be kind of bored and angry the rest of the day. The runners left on, the shitty team we were playing, etc. Any excitement about the season was usurped and soon replaced by the familiar feeling of dread. One game in. No big deal. Tomorrow's another deal, right?

Because if Clayton Kershaw, our pocket ace, can't beat Ross fucking Ohlendorf (?!?) then I'm jumping out the goddamn window. And I'm only on the second floor so I'll probably just break an ankle and have an amazing hospital bill. Hey Clayton, don't fuck this up. Ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment